motexautomotive.co.uk is part of the Alliance Automotive UK LV Ltd. Members of the Alliance Automotive UK LV Ltd. group may,use and share, within that group, the information you provide and other information held about you for the purposes set out below.
Information we may hold about you
- Information you’ve provided to us, including our websites
- Information about products and services you’ve ordered or enquired about
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
- Information about your interaction with adverts and services such as registration, comments
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device (for example, this may be a PC, phone or tablet) about your use of motexautomotive.co.uk and/or selected third party websites. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice below.
- Your IP address, this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device and is required for your device to communicate with websites
- Technical information from your device relating to the service you receive
- Information relating to the location of the device you use to access our Site.
Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Location-based and user specific services
Your location will be determined either from a lookup of your public IP address (sent in the request for content to our servers) from a public GeoIP database (effectively giving us the location of your Internet Service Provider), or directly from the device depending on its capabilities and the permissions granted to access this information.
How we may use your information
We may share your personal information with other companies within the Alliance Automotive UK LV Ltd group of companies
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also supply personal information about you to third parties
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
Updating your preferences
You can opt out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the direct marketing/newsletter emails from us. Your can opt out of marketing text messages replying ‘STOP’. ‘Or you can use the contacting us’ details at the end of this privacy notice.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Site. However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using encryption technology. In addition to these safeguards, your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully, should be accurate, relevant and not excessive, not be retained for longer than is necessary and, if applicable, be kept up to date. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 and your related rights please see www.ico.gov.uk.
You should be aware that when you use our websites, mobile sites, or mobile apps, we may collect information by using 'cookies'.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen.
Cookies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites. There are many different uses for cookies, but they fall into four main groups:
(i) Cookies that are needed to provide the service you have asked for
Some cookies are essential so you can move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you've asked for can't be provided. These cookies don't gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
Here are some examples of essential cookies:
- Keeping you logged in during your visit; without cookies you might have to log in on every page you go to.
- When you add something to the online shopping basket, cookies make sure it's still there when you get to the checkout.
- Some are session cookies which make it possible to navigate through the website smoothly. However these are automatically deleted after you close your web browser.
(ii) Improving your browsing experience
Here are a few examples of just some of the ways that cookies are used to improve your experience on our websites:
- Remembering your preferences and settings, including marketing preferences.
- Remembering if you've filled in a survey, so you're not asked to do it again.
- Remembering if you've been to the site before. If you are a first-time user, you might see different content to a regular user.
- Showing you information that's relevant to products of ours that you have.
- Enabling social media components, like Facebook or Twitter.
- Showing 'related article' links that are relevant to the page you're looking at.
- Remembering a location you've entered.
We like to keep track of what pages and links are popular and which ones don't get used so much to help us keep our sites relevant and up to date. It's also very useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate (find their way through) our sites and if they get 'error messages' from web pages.
This group of cookies, often called 'analytics cookies' are used to gather this information. These cookies don't collect information that identifies you. The information collected is anonymous and is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies. We can then see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity. Analytics cookies only record activity on the site you are on and they are only used to improve how a website works.
Some of our websites and some of the emails you might get from us also contain small invisible images known as 'web beacons' or 'tracking pixels'. These are used to count the number of times the page or email has been viewed and allows us to measure the effectiveness of its marketing and emails. These web beacons are anonymous and don't contain or collect any information that identifies you.
Contacting us and accessing your personal information
Any queries or comments about this privacy notice or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Alliance Automotive UK LV Ltd.
Bradford BD4 6SE